I want the families I work with to thrive. It is a dream come true to share my knowledge and guide you on a path of happiness and wellness for your child.
My childhood was spent in Ohio riding bikes, picking dandelions, and eating strawberries from the garden. With its southern climate and vibrant culture, Charlotte has been the right place for me to plant roots. I earned my master’s degree in Occupational Therapy from Belmont University in Nashville, and I have attended advanced courses in infant feeding, pediatric pelvic floor, sensory regulation, motor development, and wellness as it relates to diet and sleep. The power of food, sleep, and attention to the nervous system is a delicate balance. These continuing education courses, along with lessons learned from parents and patients, have shown me that these services are crucial.
I never anticipated the overlap and parallels motherhood would inevitably share with my daily work. Between my two children, we battled newborn feeding difficulties, seizures, sleep apnea, and chronic health issues for many years. Despite all of this, the most challenging barrier I encountered was the inability to find healthcare providers who would take the time to listen to me. In those moments, I vowed to be a practitioner who always listened to parents and validate them and their struggles. Parents know their child best.
When I am not at work, you will find me searching for gluten and dairy free recipes, buying throw pillows and decorating, on the ball field cheering for my boys, or in the kitchen cooking alongside my husband.
Education and Training
Bri Kurcsak, MS, OTR/L
• Associate of Applied Science in Occupational Therapy, Rhodes State College 2007
• Master of Science in Occupational Therapy, Belmont University 2011
• STAR Institute (SOS) Sequential Oral Sensory Approach to Feeding
• Feeding and Swallowing Disorders in Infancy: Assessment and Management
• TMR Tots for Torticollis: From Feet To Feeding
• Functional Assessment & Remediation of Tethered Oral Tissues
• Pre and Post Frenectomy Care in the Pre-Crawling Infant
• Post Frenectomy Wound Management
• Ankyloglossia, Assessment, Diagnosis, and Treatment of RTOTS
• Herman & Wallace Pediatric Level 1- Treatment of Bowel and Bladder Disorders
• Herman & Wallace Pediatric Level 2- Advanced Treatment of Bowel and Bladder Disorders
• MNRI- NeuroTactile Integration
• MNRI- Dynamic and Postural Reflex Integration
• Additional Training: Sensory and Praxis, Visual Processing and Motor, Manual Therapy and Massage Techniques